Cosmicpluto lands in Manchester




Last weekend was one of those where I love being part of a lovely, global community of knitters. Canadian designer, Laura Chau (AKA Cosmicpluto) is doing a trip around the UK and Ireland at the moment and having stayed in Ysolda's flat in Edinburgh for a few days, she joined us in Manchester. Her host was my friend Elizabeth, who had organised a 'potluck' dinner at her place in Laura's honour. We had awesome tortillas made by Elizabeth, Audrey contributed amazing brownies and Laura made us Canadian butter tarts (like sticky toffee pudding sauce in pastry. YUM!). Polly got the mickey taken for pulling a beer and bottle opener out of her handbag and Corinna had found some bizarre mulled wine tea bags to sample.

The next day, Purl City Yarns hosted a tea party with Laura as the guest of honour. Charlotte made a massive effort with all the food and we were obviously obliged to partake of a little sustenance (ie. stuff our faces). Laura's next stop was Leeds, so I suggested she hook up with my bestest knitting buddy Kate, who 'picked me up' on Ravelry a couple of years ago when I lived in Ilkley. From her blog entry, I see they had a great day out together.

I love the fact that all of this comes from an enjoyment of the same hobby, and long may that continue.

PS: Laura is currently having a pattern sale on Ravelry - 25% off when you buy two or more patterns until 31st May. A great opportunity to pick up some fabulous designs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment