Bits of Tink

My first dye lot came out a bit more saturated than I would have liked, so using the new measuring spoons, I decided to have another go with about half the concentration of dye this time round. The blue came out about the colour I was looking for, but the green was a bit more... fluorescent than I had anticipated (more so than it looks in the photo).


The first think I thought of was my friend Tink, whose wardrobe consists mostly of a range of fluorescent clothing so bright she issues everyone with sunglasses to ensure they don't burn their retinas. Twitter conversations ensued and my friend Howard suggested that should someone ask what the resulting garment was made of, I could squint a bit and reply "Bits of Tink" in a serial killer fashion. Therefore the colourway is called Bits of Tink.


I started spinning it up today and I think the single wants to be laceweight. So far I'm very happy with the consistency and I'm hoping it might be consistent enough in the colour repeats to self stripe when it's plied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment